Let's Talk About Ireland (B1/B2)
In this conversation course the focus will be on Ireland both past and present. It is an exciting topic because this small country went through so much before becoming an amiable European neighbour and attractive holiday destination with its famous pubs, theatres, literature, music and dancing. We can only hope to touch on a few important aspects, but these should provide you with some new insights and make you curious to learn more. Five evenings are planned, each with a special focus:
- Why do the Irish speak English? A brief look at some keypoints in Irish history.
- Hard times: Poverty, famine and emigration.
- Independence: The long and stoney road.
- Some thoughts on Northern Ireland, Brexit and what might happen next.
- Irish literature: The sad, the absurd and the beautiful.
You will be provided with selected reading extracts which will form the basis for animated discussion. You will also be given recommendations for further reading and some wonderful films.
4-5 Personen: 105,00 EUR
6-8 Personen: 70,00 EUR (E)
Beginn: Do., 22.10.2020, 18:00 - 20:30 Uhr
Dauer: 5 Treffen
Kursort: Alsfeld, vhs, Im Klaggarten 6, Raum EG 07
Gebühr: 105,00 €
Lehrbuch: Material wird zusammengestellt